Do you wish to brighten up your battle station after just getting a Ducky keyboard? Then stop looking now! You can change the RGB lighting on your Ducky keyboard in two different ways. You can accomplish this by either:
Custom Keyboard Backlight Zones:
- Change the two separate RGB backlighting zones for the keyboard you desire to set up.
- Whole Keyboard Backlight: Modifies the RGB backlighting for the entire keyboard.
Whole Keyboard Backlight:
Press Fn + F10 to change the backlight for the entire keyboard. You may switch between each type of illumination mode using this.
- Backlight Off (hold Fn + F10 for 3 seconds)
- Full Backlight
Press Fn + "/" to increase or decrease the brightness. Conversely, press Fn + / to change the pace of the RGB lighting effect you select.
Bespoke Backlight Zones for Keyboards:
There are two bespoke RGB backlighting zones on each Ducky One 3 keyboard. These are independently regulated with the full backlight.
Fn + F11 changes the zone one lighting mode. Fn + PrtScr starts recording zone one. Caps Lock + + / changes the brightness. Caps Lock + Spacebar changes the color. Caps Lock + Scroll Lock stops recording.
Fn + F12 changes the zone two lighting mode. Fn + Pause starts recording in zone two. Caps Lock + / changes the brightness. Caps Lock + Spacebar changes the color. Caps Lock + Scroll Lock stops recording.
If you didn't know, there are a ton of different keyboard shortcuts you can use with your Ducky keyboard to speed up your work and increase productivity. To use these shortcuts and change any settings on your Ducky keyboard, you don't need to install any additional software.
Necessary Keyboard Shortcuts
- Left and right Win keys for UK ISO
- Left and right Win keys in US ANSI
Hold left control, left shift, and caps lock when in demo mode, then plug into a power source.
Repeat Acceleration over USB:
- Fn + F9 turns on/off function mode (hold for 3 seconds)
- USB Repeat Delay Time: Fn + F1-F4 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x
- USB Repeat Rate: Fn + F5-F8 for 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x
- Fn + 1-6 to switch macro profiles
Macro Record Alternative
- Fn + 1 - 6: 0.02, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, and 1
- Fn + Ctrl: Open a macro or record shortcut keys (hold for 3 seconds)
- Fn + Alt: Create a new macro.
The following key combinations will start a macro when the key Fn + Q, Fn + W, and Fn + R is pressed. Pressing the key again will stop the macro.
Favorite Ducky Keyboards
65% Vintage Ducky One 3 USB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It uses QUACKY mechanics to build the mechanical gaming keyboard, which also has a 65% form factor, PBT double-shot keycaps, per-key RGB backlighting, and a detachable USB-C connection.
Mechanical gaming keyboard - 65% form factor and QUACKY Construction
This model includes PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Quiet Red key switches, and per-key RGB backlighting.
Ducky One 3 Full-sized Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
It has a full-sized, mechanical gaming keyboard with QUACKY mechanics. This model has Cherry MX Red key switches, PBT double-shot keycaps and individual RGB backlighting for each key.